View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 AM   #43
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
the current medical marijuana laws seem like the most fucked up laws i ever heard of. instead of just legalizing it completely, allowing it only for medical purposes just breeds so much dishonesty/fraud/lying (or some other similar term). doctors are borderline committing fraud for writing scripts so freely, drug users are dishonest (either to themselves or others) by claiming "chronic pain" in order to get pot. pot shop owners are also lying (either to themselves or others) when they know they are selling to those who just claim to have "chronic pain".

Not to mention the psychological effects it probably has: if someone pretends to have chronic pain when talking to the doctor in order to get a pot 'script, and repeats this behavior for years, how long before he starts just believing that he does in fact have chronic pain, which may adversely affect his physical or emotional well-being?

How could people not foresee how easily and absolutely the medical marijuana system would get exploited like it has in CA & CO?

I don't really care if it's legal or illegal, I just hate a system that incentivizes dishonesty/cheating in so many otherwise honest individuals.
Yeah, they're pretty fucked up and the whole thing is a smoke screen. I'm just pointing out that this isn't some outrageous jump being made. If you want to smoke marijuana legally in California, you can do so rather easily.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote