View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I picked this game up because I wanted to play a replay history of the Buccaneers. I started in 1976.

We just won our first game of the season beating the Houston Oilers 23-10. It was a lot of fun but getting our first win 25 games ahead of schedule really kinda makes me wonder about the games realism a bit. Ok, a lot.

The real Buccaneers didn't score that many points in any game all season and Houston handled them 20-0. In fact, the Buccaneers didn't score 23 until the fifth game of the next season ( and only one of three times that season the team scored over 10 points though they'd do that 6 times in '76 when the defense simply was horrid holding opponents to under 20 point in only two games) losing to Seattle 30-23.

I know that it's hard to simulate a sport like this and having a human coach only skews results more the fact that we scored so much and that Houston scored so little really does seem a bit much.

Can any players of this game tell me how well it holds up over time as far as realism goes? Is this really just a rare occurrence or is the AI not up to snuff against a human player?

I would also recommend playing out a season and let us know how the record comes out. I bet they don 't win more than 3-4 which in the real life you could probably find 2-3 games they came close to winning.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote