View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 08:55 AM   #35
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

20.06: Training, Youth Pull, Conditions, Week In Review

Training
No bumps whatsoever this week. Trykasdknfa;jsdnfas;dfjaklsdfj has got to be getting close- next week at the latest. He's had 6 weeks of training and he's only 18 for chrissakes. We did have a good form week, finally.

Future Training
Same as before: we need stamina but our form is too low.

Form
Starters: (+3) (-0)
Entire Team: (+7) (-0)

Starters Form
Solid (or above): Meek (exc) Viseslav Phelan Miguel Kimber Spagnuolo Bush
Passable: Connors
Inadequate: Benito Christiano
Weak (or below): Starks

Starks finally moves back up to weak. Maybe another week and things will start looking back up. Benito and Christiano could definately use a bump up but I'm not that concerned. Maybe I should go for a stamina week if I have another week like this. As you might have noticed above, I actually did not have a single drop this week. Woo!

Value
Starters: (+9) (-2)
Entire Team: (+13) (-5)

Value Highlights
Above $100K: 8(+0)/11(-1)
Above $200K: 6(+0)/7(+0)
Above $300K: 2(+0)/2(+0)
Team Leader: Tim Kimber ($522K)
Outfield Leader: Carlos Alberto Benito ($347K)
Milestones: None ($0K)

Only one real move as Pierre Wellens backed off $100K for a week. Kimber and Benito continue to set records each week for highest team values ever.

Team Stats
Total Wages: 32394 (+700)
Total Value: 3266000 (+161000)
Avg Value: 155524 (+274)
Avg Age: 22 (-1)
Avg Form: passable (up 1 level from inadequate)
Avg Experience: wretched (NC)
No of players: 21 (+1)
Nationalities: 11 (NC)

Youth Pull, Week 20.06
While we didn't quite get the cash I was hoping for from last week's youth pull, John Hanna (18yo solid pass/solid def/pass sp), it's hard to complain too much about the $279K he ended up selling for. I waited again until gametime to pull my next youth and was pleasantly suprised yet again. I'm hoping Zack can get $50K in a sale, but if not, he's good for at least $20K. If he does go for more than $37K, then our youth squad sales will have exceeded $1M. Even after that horrible luck my first couple of seasons- this should definately be an indication of how a youth squad can pay for itself.

Youth Pull Status
Youth Pulls: 34
Youth Pull Grocers: 23 (+0)
Youth Pulls Sold: 9 (+0)
Youth Pulls Still With Club: 2 (+1)
Total Sold for: 963000 (+279000)

Youth Pull
Zack Olivares (15952998)
19 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities.
Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 38 000 US$
Wage: 700 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: passable
Winger: passable Defending: inadequate
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: weak

Conditions

Youth Squad: excellent (max)
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week (NC)

Sponsors: high on life (down 1 level from dancing in the streets)
Supporter Club: 1373 members (+24)
Supporters: delerious (down 1 level from high on life)

Team Spirit: composed (down 1 level from calm)
Confidence: strong (down 1 level from wonderful)

I got rid of a couple of spokespersons so the economic side of this can be attributed to them. Unfortunately, our PICs from the Cup way back when have finally worn off and we're stuck down at composed again.

20.06 Week In Review

On the Field
Our forwards combine for 4 goals (Spagnuolo 1, Phelan 3) and we beat a pretty good (albeit recently computer controlled) team in zfan. Unfortunately, Meek gets thrown off the pitch so he won't be playing next week versus Brookyln. I guess this is as good a time as any to have that happen. He'll help out the B Team in the FOFC Cup next week instead. Unless something drastic happens we have more or less sewed up the #5 spot in our series with wins in the first half over the bottom three teams including two on the road. Then we hosted NAIWF's Manhattan Marauders and dismantled that 5-4-1 team by the score of 3-2. That's right, we dismantled them. Actually, we were up 3-0, Braden pulled back for the second week in a row and I'm going to get his should-be-offensive mind examined.

Off the Field
All has been quiet on the transaction front since that fit of movement a couple of weeks ago where we thinned down the team and brought in Gualtiero. Two pretty good youth pulls in a row and our last one sold for a hair under $300K! Unless we sell Storm and/or Trykajflkahdfjkanjkbnjvbajksbfkabsdfjk then there probably won't be much here for a while short of a little shuffling on the B Team. Since I don't have much to add here, I think I'll mention that I keep getting tiny little checks of mother club money. Not that I'm going to turn it down, but it's disappointing when you see the mother club cash message and then you click to find: "Gained money for a player that has previously belonged to the club: 120 US$"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-07-2003 at 10:03 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote