View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #53
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Yikes, it's been 24 hours since the last round 16 match ended already. And the draw for the quarterfinals and semi-finals is less than 24 hours away!

Round 2 scoring
In a shocker, not a single predictor had all 8 games correct. I have to say, that surprised me a bit, as there were only a couple of minor upsets. Three of us managed to predict 7 winners correctly: Big Fo, I. J. Reilly and MIJB#19. Atatange1, cartman and Ronnie Dobbs2 had 6 correct picks. Cards4ever, dacman and Katon had 5 correct. Butter of 69 and Scholes had 4 correct each.

Overall 2009/2010 standings
1. Butter of 69, I. J. Reilly and Ronnie Dobbs2 with 38 points
4. Big Fo with 37 points
5. atatange1 with 36 points
6. cartman and Katon with 35 points
8. Cards4ever with 34 1/6th points
9. Scholes with 34 points
10. dacman with 32 points
11. MIJB#19 with 31 points
12. cthomer 5000 with 24 points
13. TredWel with 23 points
14. condors with 22 points
15. Crapshoot and fantastic flying froggies with 21 points
17. oykib and SirFozzie with 20 points
19. Illinifan999 with 19 points
20 rest of FOFC with 0 points

Quarter-finals, semi-finals and Final scoring
The draw isn't out yet, but the forecast, here's how the last part of the predicting works. You predict the four teams that will win each quarterfinals matchup, followed up with a prediction of the two finalists, also mentioning who will win that final. A maximum of 50 points can be scored as follows:
* 3 points for correctly picking a quarter-finals loser
* 2 points for correctly picking a quarter-finals winner
* 5 more points for correctly picking a semi-finals loser
* 4 more points for correctly picking a finalist
* 1 bonus point if you picked the losing finalist to lose in the semi-finals
* 5 more points for correctly picking the runner-up
* 7 more points for correctly picking the winners
No worries if it's too complicated to keep track, the spreadsheet will do the trick for us.

Picking of semi-finalists, finalists and the eventual winner can be done immediately after the draw is out (on March 19th, the UEFA will first draw 4 matchups for the quarter-finals, followed by a draw to pair the winners into two semi-finals). The deadline for these predictions will be March 30th 2:45 pm Eastern. Everybody at FOFC is free to make their picks, no requirements to have played along with the first and second rounds (of course, joining now greatly diminishes your chances to win the season long predictions competition, you can still take the honors of being the best in predicting how the last three rounds will go).
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote