View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #164
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I totally disagree with you. Not because I am some expert on Mizzou, but because of the reasons you give.

1. WVU is pretty certain they will beat Morgan St and have probably done a considerable amount of film work and game planning for the Mizzou/Clemson style.

2. They had a 5 day layoff between now and the Big East final, plus, odds are WVU wins easily and rests guys in the second half while the Mizzo-Clemson game will likely be a 40 minute affair.

3. With regards to the amount of games played, these are 18-21 year old kids, they aren't broken down 33 year old pros at the end of a 72 game season, physically WVU will be just fine.

1. I'll agree to some extent, though other than the fact that they pressure, there's not a lot of similarities in how the pressure is run. MU runs it much differently than Clemson and both coaches will tell you exactly that.

2. I think you're underestimating Morgan State. I don't see that game as that big of a blowout.

3. This is just a situation where you have to see it to believe it. The stamina issue is always more evident in non-conference Mizzou games. Teams just aren't ready for that kind of pace.

We're obviously getting way ahead of ourselves here as Mizzou has to take care of business first, but it's definitely an intriguing matchup if it happens.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote