View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
My couple of thoughts before the tourney starts about the team I love and the team I hate.........

-I'd like to think that Mizzou has the better coach in the Clemson/Mizzou matchup and that will be the difference. I honestly also believe that Clemson is the tougher of the two matchups this weekend for Mizzou. IF Mizzou can advance past Clemson, I think we have a very good chance of beating West Virginia. WVU is obviously the better of the two teams, but the quick turnaround coupled with the fact that WVU will be playing their 5th game in ten days when facing Mizzou provides us with an advantage that we won't have in the first game.

I totally disagree with you. Not because I am some expert on Mizzou, but because of the reasons you give.

1. WVU is pretty certain they will beat Morgan St and have probably done a considerable amount of film work and game planning for the Mizzou/Clemson style.

2. They had a 5 day layoff between now and the Big East final, plus, odds are WVU wins easily and rests guys in the second half while the Mizzo-Clemson game will likely be a 40 minute affair.

3. With regards to the amount of games played, these are 18-21 year old kids, they aren't broken down 33 year old pros at the end of a 72 game season, physically WVU will be just fine.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote