View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

NCAA Pick 5 - v4

The previous organizer appears to have not done this, and I always liked it.

I know we've only got 2 hours left, but I want to try and get people in it.

Here are the links to the previous competitions (I'll add 2010 in a bit):

2006 (Winner: TazFTW, 83 pts.)
ANOTHER NCAA tourney game - Front Office Football Central

2007 (Winner: ram, 89 pts.)
NCAA "Pick 5" - Year 2 - Front Office Football Central

2009 (Winner: mauboy1 - 87 pts.)
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ight=ncaa+pick

Rules

You pick five teams from this year's NCAA Tournament field. Points are awarded based on how far each of your teams advance, with bonus points given based on the team's seed. You get one point for winning in the first round, 2 for the second, 3 for the regional semis, 4 for the regional finals, 5 for the national semifinal, and 6 for the national championship. Then, for each game your team wins, you get points that match the number of seed they are.

For example, say you picked North Carolina (a No. 1 seed), and they advanced to the Final Four. You would get: (1+1) + (2+1) + (3+1) + (4+1) = 14 points for selecting the Tar Heels. Or, if you pick Belmont, and they win 2 games, they would get (15+1) + (15+2) = 33 points.

As you can see, a well placed 10+ seeded team notching an upset or two is just as valuable as a 1 or 2 seed going to the Final 4.

Good luck, everyone! Any questions, just post them here. Post your picks here, too.

If you want to change your picks, just edit your post. Any posts with an edit time of after Thursday, noon Eastern will be ruled ineligible.

The opening round game does not count, for purposes of this game.

I will try to update every day, as allowable by my work schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 03-18-2010 at 09:20 AM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote