View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #140
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Every year it seems I have about 5 games I'd like a crystal ball for because I think they will have a couple of round implications.

Marquette-Washington: Here's a pretty simple one to get us started. The winner beats New Mexico to get to the Sweet 16. Tho they almost certainly have the pleasure of then losing the next game to West Virginia.

Kansas State-BYU: This assumes BYU gets past Florida and KSU over North Texas, but I think both are a fairly reasonable bet. I think whoever wins that game also wins the next one, be it against Pitt, Xavier, or even Minnesota. I think either team even has a chance against Syracuse to make it to the Final Four.

Richmond-St Mary's:
Two excellent squads and I think the winner has a really legit chance of knocking off Villanova. But, just like everything in the region, this is a mess and I think whoever loses to Baylor but I don't have much confidence in that pick either. Hell, if there was anything of substance in the entire South, I'd have them knocking off Duke. But as that doesn't appear to be the case, I reluctantly have to put the Blue Devils to Indy.

Kentucky-Wisconsin: I don't like Kentucky as they're just too young to me but I'm just not that excited about Wisconsin, either. But, man, do the computers love the Badgers and I don't understand why. The winner of this game has the "pleasure" of facing WVU and that three team, two game "playoff" will determine who beats Duke (or whatever filth comes from the South) and gets to the national title game.

I guess it's just 4 this year but, again, if I had those answers, I would feel really confident about my bracket.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-18-2010 at 01:00 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote