View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #137
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Turnovers late are killing W&M and some bad 3-point shots..

Ah, well.

Yup, we played our game well for the most part, but the pressure got to us with 2 starters out (one missed the entire game, which when I saw our 2nd best player was out I knew we were in trouble, the other fouled out). If Kitts is in there instead of Hess, the killer late turnover probably doesn't happen.

That being said, I think anyone that watched the game knows our team belonged there. No big messages to take out of the game as far as overrated/underrated/whatever - two teams played well and duked it out, UNC won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
That ended up working out really well for the NIT. Fun game to watch in Carmichael with the throw-back unis on UNC. Looked like the atmosphere even gave UNC a little desire to play.

Sorry to wade, bu hopefully you had a good time. It seemed like a great game to witness.

It was a GREAT game to watch. My wife and I left the game saying exactly that. It sucked to lose, but it was an amazing sporting experience. In a weird way, the UNC crowd seemed to feed off of the small, but energized W&M crowd. It definitely wasn't what I hear of UNC crowds being - they were very into it, vocal, etc, etc. One of my top live sporting experiences, probably my top in which "my team" lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote