View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #111
SportsDino
College Prospect

I'll be watching my Spartans, with great trepidation.

MSU has been less than stellar at many points in the season, and always seems to fall flat in the big games, but the team has all the pieces (other than a dominating center perhaps) to crush just about anyone.

Biggest problem I keep seeing over and over is shooting, sometimes we just get on ugly shooting streaks where NOTHING will go in the damn hoop. Including point blank layups. Really distressing, particularly when the defense keeps making long stops and steals, but can't cash in unless its on the break.

I think ironically we'll beat Kansas only to lose to Georgetown/Ohio St.

Beating New Mexico State should be pretty solid, we chew up teams that think the game is all offense pretty consistently.

Maryland is a matchup that works in our favor, they are a good team but their weaknesses line up with our strengths.

Kansas is the crazy prediction I'll make, but we beat them last year and though the team is more dangerous I think we'll have a scheme that gives them fits.

However, if we do win that game I think we'll probably not have our heads in the right spot to win against the winner out of the other half of the regional. I'd prefer to face Georgetown, Ohio State is a terrible matchup for us, and I've seen little to give me hope from the game I did catch. Georgetown on the other hand is one of those teams we can knock out of their game and pull out the win.

All that said, this is a head case team this year... they could lose or win at any point and in any way.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote