View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #85
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Interesting information I heard this morning about seeding. The NCAA selection committee was in contact with Mizzou regarding Justin Safford's injury this past weekend. I don't think it mattered all that much as far as where Mizzou would have been seeded before the injury (judging from the other B12 teams, Mizzou would have probably been a 7 instead of a 10, so they still would have faced a similar 2nd opponent if they won), but it does make a lot more sense why Coach Anderson dragged out the conversation of whether Safford would play in the NCAA tournament. On Monday, he clearly stated that Safford was out for the rest of the season while refusing to do that previous to the selection show.

I think Syracuse did this with Onuaku.

On Friday, they issed a sunny side up press release, that was vague as to the nature and duration of his injury, but that he was expected at practice on Monday. Sunday night, after the bracket was announced, Boeheim said that he was doubtful to practice all week, and for the weekend's games, and that their hope was he'd be ready for the second weekend.