View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #74
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I hate the people that say anytime a big-conference team loses a game to a smaller conference one that they weren't "up for it" and didn't care.... but if there's one place in college sports that fits that bill, it's the NIT. (And possibly the CIT.) Go ahead and think that Seton Hall's 2nd best player punching an opponent in the nuts or UConn not getting up for Northeastern has any bearing on Syracuse or WV, but I sincerely doubt it.

Since there is very little to judge teams on outside of the conference you have to take all the resources you have available.

If you go through Syracuse who have they beat outside of conference games? I think the cuse is going to do fine but in a game in which I could flip a coin(Syracuse, Kansas State) I might as well take the information tonight and use it.

The same Seton Hall team that lost to Texas Tech by 15+ tonight has beaten Notre Dame, Pitt, and Louisville on their home floor.

The same Texas Tech team that beat Seton Hall on their home court got pounded by Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma State on the road. The games werent even close.

I dont think even Pope or not caring can make a 30+ point difference.

Texas Tech has also beaten UTEP and Washington. Since they finished 4-12(Big 12) perhaps the Big 12 is just loaded with good teams.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-17-2010 at 01:03 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote