View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #114
Sgran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
My only real issue here is that if they found a bug in scouting, how about a patch for OOTP X to make scouting work correctly there? My concern with the OOTP development cycle is that any bugs that are found or recognized after the "last patch" are only going to get fixed in the next version, which leaves a very tiny window for the last version to get fixes. And as we've seen in FOF, sometimes in multiplayer it takes a while for things to rear up and get noticed, especially if other bugs are blocking them. And sometimes with such a complex game it takes a while to build up sufficient evidence to prove that something is actually a bug, and by the time you do you're probably just helping to fix the version you haven't bought yet rather than the one you have.

I'm not asking for fixes to OOTP 9, but I'd sure like to see a patch available for the immediately prior version when big issues are found and fixed for the current version. In other words, continue "maintenance" on 10 while 11 is the current version, then when you ship 12 drop maintenance on 10 and shift to maintenance on 11. Yes, there's probably going to be big debate over what's meant by "big issue" (like the crowd screaming about the wrong stripes on the uniform or something equally inane), but I'm pretty sure the scouting bug qualifies as one example.

OTOH, scouting doesn't matter much for me since my main leagues are the FOOL ones where scouting and other complicating factors are turned off, plus the finances are tuned to be mostly right, so whatever

I agree 100%. I play a lot of solo OOTP and would love to have this fixed.