View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #1579
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Non NHL markets bolded, granted some like Hartford and others probably get Bruins, etc... but there are a lot of markets there like Seattle where hockey just isn't available and that is the problem. If there were 3-5 games a week in those markets I could see people getting attached to the sports, but when people have to activly search for it they probably wont.

Based on the listings I've found, WPB gets the Panthers (71 games on FSN-Florida, 45 of those in HD), Baltimore should be getting the Caps on CSN-Washington, I know the Thrashers are available [i] ... in Georgia and South Carolina, as well as Alabama (excluding the Huntsville/Decatur DMA) and Mississippi (excluding Mississippi counties in the Memphis DMA and the counties of Pontotoc, Union, Lee, Itawamba, Prentiss and Tishomingo in the Columbus/Tupelo/West Point DMA), the Hurricanes have a similar footprint around NC as well, Kansas City should get the Blues via FSN-Midwest (rather than FSN-KC), and so on.

Point being, that there aren't as many markets where games aren't available this list might indicate. Only reason I kind of knew that was having bought spots in hockey on the RSN's out of market a few (such as the Caps in Baltimore, and the Hurricanes/Thrashers which used to have to share a footprint with split feeds on the old SportsSouth).