View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #166
thesloppy
Pro Starter

So, after all the glowing talk about the multi-player demo, I downloaded it a couple days ago, and keep planning to trying it out, but while it was downloading I also grabbed a couple mods. I still haven't had the chance to try the multi-player, cuz I got COMPLETELY sucked in by 1866, the western mod:

As you might expect from the name and description, firearms have been added, widely expanded, and are now the main focus of combat, and it works surprisingly well. There are single shot pistols, shotguns, carbines, revolvers, revolving rifles, as well as new (but more traditional) melee weapons, and bows and arrows...oh yeah, and DYNAMITE (I've got a companion named 'the clown', who just rides around tossing bundles of dynamite at people. AWESOME)! The map is split between American, Mexican, Comanche, and Apache territory, with a scattering of independent outlaw and lawman 'tribes' that also control smaller properties (in the form of banks, hotels, and ranches) associated with the larger towns. All the terrain has been redone, in a western style, and you can have massive shootouts in the middle of deep canyons, on bridges, on Indian reservations, and they look great and are a little more tactically challenging, as well. Historical names and places....I was picking Apache scout off the top of a mesa with General Custer earlier today.

I highly recommend.

Last edited by thesloppy : 02-23-2010 at 05:34 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote