View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #47
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24 View Post
Not even close to my point. The system doesn't work because I shouldn't have my scout telling me there are 4 5* prospects and be able to know which one is the real deal by using a system that is supposed to be much worse then mine.

From the standpoint of a game how does that design make any sense. I was under the impression that OOTP was trying to simulate what running a baseball team would be like. In real baseball you don't KNOW that your scouting department is wrong because either A: Baseball America tells you so or B: When you see that other teams aren't interested in a player you know your scout's rating is wrong

If you hire the best scout and spend the most money on scouting and follow your scout's advice, you will never draft any prospects until you are picking in the top 5 and get lucky, because any lower in the draft and you are plucking the players your scout is most wrong about. What about that system works?

If hiring the best scout and spending more money then the other teams in scouting amateurs doesn't lead you to drafting better prospects then how is the system anything other then 'broken'? Obviously you aren't going to hit on every pick, there needs to be some sort of scouting fog, but there should be a long term advantage if you align your resources towards scouting the draft with the best scout.

I agree completely with you on this part.

An average scout should be more accurate than OSA. OSA should basically be like a below average scout.

An A scout would have an error margin of +/- 10.(100 scale)
A B scout would have an error margin of +/- 20
so on and so forth.

Like you say it seems OSA is the voice of reason right now instead of the Baseball America type feature it should be.

Id speculate OSA is used to draft for the computer teams which completely defeats the purpose of scouts in the first place as either you have a team that drafts like a 12 year old kid would or as it is where OSA is more accurate than you scouts.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 02-20-2010 at 07:43 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote