View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #38
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I hate it when lynchjm24 ruins things with his numbers and book knowledge.

I've never played with scouting on in any text sim (when it was an option to turn it off). I'd much rather go with a really low rating scale (like 1-5), and just get randomness from that.

I don't think, generally, text sims have figured out scouting yet. I know there have been a bunch of threads here about that.

If you had to get through an NFL/NBA draft with nothing but ESPN.com mock drafts - nobody would notice your results as being drastically different than the teams' hired professionals. (In fact, we tend to evaluate real NFL/NBA drafts by how far they deviate from the mock drafts.) There's really not that much difference between scouts.

I guess in baseball, they have a somewhat more important role, in that they have to "find" lower-rated guys out there in corn fields across America, but again, if a guy has 1st round talent, every scout is going to agree with that. The guy might still be a bust, but anyone would take him in the 1st round.

I play with real ratings off, talent only. Never had any interest in scouts, I like my fog of war the way I play.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote