View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #24
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Oh boy. You cannot be serious.

You do know that we spend time on every feature each year, improving what we have and not listing it as new features, right?

But well, I guess you cannot please everyone.

I am dead serious. I support your game and have bought every version since 4, but there isn't a whole heck of a lot here to sink teeth into.

Scouting is the perfect example. Have you spent time and improved it again this version, because ten versions in and it's not a viable feature to use. If you turn on scouting and listen to your scouts in the draft you will never develop an above average major league player. You can hire the highest rated scout in the league and using OSA to draft will leave you with a better system then your scout. I've shown step by step on the OOTP board how broken it is, but it disappears into the ether under an avalanche of posts and suggestions about things that have nothing to do with improving the core baseball game.

I understand that things like printing baseball cards have their supporters, but I really just do not get how you could want to play a baseball sim as deep as OOTP purports to be, but not care that scouting and feeders are useless but care that you can import your own face.

Just saying you've improved defense doesn't really tell me a whole heck of a lot. What was wrong was it before? What is better about it now? Since I've seen you claim 10 versions in a row that the AI is improved but have yet to see a shred of evidence in practice you'll have to forgive me if I take a wait and see approach as to if/how improved something is.

I guess there could people who want the game to change the rules and randomly expand, but I must be missing how most people play the game, because the sort of nerds who like these games seem to enjoy having control over the universe. I am not even one of the uberdorks who is making uniforms, and writing game recaps but even I take time to carefully choose what options and cities and teams I'm using in my leagues.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote