View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #16
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Seriously?
  • A totally re-coded amateur draft with optional signing bonuses, player demands, a slotting system, post-draft contract & bonus negotiations, and compensation picks for unsigned picks (who will re-enter the draft a year later). Also, when feeder leagues are used, undrafted/unsigned high school players may go to college and continue playing!
  • Automatically generated high school/college stats, helping you to evaluate potential picks in the amateur draft.
  • Recoded fielding engine, making defense more realistic while introducing new fielding stats like Zone Rating, Individual Fielding Efficiency, and Team Defense Efficiency.
  • More advanced statistics like wOBA (weighted on-base average), OPS+, ERA+ and FIP (fielding independent pitching)
  • Team owners with distinct personalities, providing constant feedback about your performance
  • Improved contract negotiations, including counter-offers from players.
  • More varied news stories
  • Create and print baseball cards of your favorite players on customizable templates, including historical player cards
That's a bit more than importing your face.

There is really nothing there. More varied news stories? Create and print baseball cards?

Feeder leagues have never worked right so since they can't be turned on you can throw those out the window.

I need an owner to give me feedback about my performance? Did they take the standings out of the game?

If scouting wasn't a clusterfuck then stats for high school and college players might be nice, but since you can't turn scouting on I already know their talents and ratings.

If defense is improved that's nice. If the draft is improved that is also good to hear. I'll believe those two have happened when I see it.

Hopefully those advanced stats work better in the game then VORP has.

I was sort of joking that the development period was short, but if those are the biggest of the new features then it's barely above a roster update.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote