View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I don't think it's searching, Jon. It's front page of ESPN.com or Yahoo stuff. Or ESPN radio updates.

I've been on every one of my usual sites today, same as normal. Including ESPN.com, 4 different newspaper sites, and my portal that aggregrates headlines.

I can tell you that Janikowski became the highest paid kicker, that Pat Summitt kicked a freshman PG out of practice yesterday (first player kicked out in three years), that Jair Jurjens is having an MRI done on his shoulder, that the Athens-Clarke County government is going to be asked to spend $54m in SPLOST money to enlarge the local convention facility, and that Fulton Co. GA has gotten a judge to approve them banning liquor sales in strip clubs. I've been on FOFC, I've been on Facebook, I've both emailed & called people relating to work. In short, my normal routine.

But as far as the Olympics go, other than knowing that some ski event was bumped due to weather again, I couldn't tell you jack. Well, that and there was some apparently spectacular shot in the Norway-Canada hockey matchup (although except for looking up the cable schedule earlier I wouldn't have known whether that referred to men's or women's hockey & I'm still not 100% sure even then).

How hard is it to miss this stuff again?