View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #30
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

One of the things I remember from my last go round of interviews is to have a bag of about a dozen stories handy that you can recall details and reflect well on you professionally. I try to mix it up from various times in your career and with different jobs just because it makes the stories seem relevant across my entire body of work.

That way when they ask some interview question you don't have a good answer for, you can just plug in one of these good stories even if it's only tangentially related. It's like when politicians get a question in a debate they don't want to answer then you can just talk about something else that reflects well on you. "So, Mark Sanford- what about that time you went hiking in the Appalachians" "Well, I love my family and there was this one time that little whasshername, my daughter, did something cute and you guys just love when I answer questions about her since she's so cute. Oh, and tax cuts! Next question"

I think that's the only useful job interview advice I have. But, yeah, think up a couple of questions vaguely related to leadership, difficult times at work, and some of the other generic questions that are often asked so that you've won those battles before you even start.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-13-2010 at 05:22 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote