View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #42
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I can't wait for the hockey to start. I already have the schedule printed out and highlighted for each of the games. I'm a little torn about the whole thing, however.

On one hand, I'd like to see America win the gold, because, well, I'm American. On the other hand, I would like to see Canada win because Steve Yzerman is the GM and Mike Babcock is the head coach. Then you have the half dozen Red Wings on the Swedish team, though they won it last time so I am not overly concerned, and the Russian team should be a ton of fun to watch. I don't think Russia is quite as deep as Canada, but I don't think any team can really beat their top forwards: Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuck, and Datsyuk.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote