View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #21
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubboyroy1826 View Post
Best of luck Jedi. Use the force on those in charge and you will be fine.

Thanks man. I did try that. Didn't work unfortunately. I did get a cupcake though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
Jedi - keep us posted. I know my BFF was pretty well tied-in with the software community in the Valley...not sure if he knows of anyone looking for software QA engineers, but it can't hurt to ask if you need me to.

I will keep updating for sure. Yes, please ask him. At this point in time any possibility is 100% than what I have right now. I really appreciate you asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru
Hey Jedi,

I know Adobe is hiring in several areas as well and if you have the Final Cut skill set and the QA experience should help in several of their app divisions. Check them out.

Adobe is a dang good idea. Plus with Premier and After Effects, that basically the same thing I'm doing...was doing. I'm definitely going to hit up their site tonight. I know ILM is hiring too, but, I'm not sure what for though. I have a possible (extremely slight) in LA and maybe something in Houston, but the Houston thing is months away though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Yes, this is the programmer you are looking for.

Hang in there JK, keep plugging.

Haha! Yes, I will keep plugging away. Hopefully my skill set isn't too niche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Sorry to hear Jedi, keep your head up, with a big company like Apple something should shake out. Best of luck to you.

Thanks BYU. I'm hoping that is the case. I have to compete with about 50 other people by my estimate. So, keeping my fingers crossed and my lower case Js dotted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Aww dang, sorry JediKooter Would relocating be an option?

Thanks DC. Yes, relocating is an option since my wife freed up my schedule last summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
1. Work on your interview skills immediately. Find someone to practice with and take those sessions seriously. If you interview badly, it's going to be even tougher on you if you get laid off - there are a lot of candidates out there and if you suck at interviews, you won't get a sniff on the open market. At least inside Apple you understand the corporate culture. There's no real excuse for being a bad interviewee.

2. If you do get laid off, file for unemployment the very same day. Don't wait for pride, a pending job offer or the tooth fairy.

Blackadar: For sure need to do that. I haven't really had to interview for a job in about 10/11 years by my calculations. So, there's plenty of rust that needs to be cleaned off.

I will be filing for that very soon. They are keeping us on the payroll for two more weeks then we get a two month severance package.

Let the fun begin...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote