View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #223
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Oh hell, that one is easy to answer (FINALLY, an easy question in today's portion of the thread).

Because a lot of us have had too much first hand experience with "educated idiots" and believe that Homer Simpson could do better than the majority of them.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather an educated person dealing with issues like the deficit or international relations than Homer Simpson with his finger on the button and the ability to send American men+women to their deaths.

At least an educated person is more willing to listen to different opinions (as shown by Obama, who if anything is listening to too many opinions) rather than just "leading from the gut" (which if you'll recall is how we ended up with wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that are turning into quagmires, and eroded the budget surplus left by the Clinton administration.

If one (speaking in the generic 3rd person to avoid making it personal - so let's avoid a tangential back-and-forth hmm?) has had too many experiences with what one claims are "educated idiots" then perhaps one owes it to themselves to look in the mirror and consider whether the problem is not with the "educated idiots" but with oneself.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 02-08-2010 at 03:23 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote