View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #157
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
However, I think youre ignoring the point I brought up in the Obama thread which is that she is MORE than just a speaker, a paid for one at this particular event.

A paid speaker solely because she was an attraction that could sell tickets. This had nothing to do with anything she said, this had to do with people willing to pay to be in proximity to her. Period.

Quote:
She carries more weight with her words than just any joe blow

I'll give you that one. And based on the quotes I've seen, she delivered quite well on what the audience wanted.

Quote:
Writing shit on your hand before giving a speech is just pure and simple outlandish regardless of party affiliation.

Sorry, I just don't see it as an issue. And I wouldn't have ripped Obama for it either (not many things I can say that about). Whatever works afaic when it comes to public speaking, and she appears to have hit the points she needed/wanted to hit for the speech to serve its purpose, I really don't give a damn how she got that done.