View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #153
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
right, she didnt invite any judgment at all from scribbling crib notes on her hand while giving a key note speech and getting paid $100k. Totally unwarranted.

Let's be realistic here: Her presence was most of the $100k, not what she said. And she earned her money once she delivered "How's that hope-y, change-y stuff workin' out for you?" Anything after that was gravy for the organizers since they'd already gotten their money for ticket sales & she came up with the home run line that summed up the feelings of a lot of people in a very concise nutshell.

Given the problems that Obama has with speeches (and fair reminder that I defended him here for his lack of 'prompter skills) I don't know if anybody should say much about whatever works for somebody if it keeps them on track. Palin's trick isn't one I've used but I imagine plenty of people have, and could be as simple as an idiosyncrantic thing to avoid fidgeting with index cards (as one example).