View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #41
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

week 6 vs kix

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Kix Arena saw a crowd turnout of 25000. Kix had chosen a strategic 4-4-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Plunkett - Gay, Hamilton, Ivanovs, Pettersson - Young, Miller, Dewitt, Peterson - bin Husin, Jasarevic.

Fockers started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Paulusz - Nowak, Gnaegi, Oerlemans - Petronia, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Kaplan - Wallis, Schreuder.

0 - 0 was the half-time score. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Kix, with an impressive 53 percent possession of the ball.

In the 71st minute Ahmad Yunus bin Husin surprised the opponents with a 40 metre pass to Wim Jasarevic who quite easily could settle the score to 1 - 0. The visitors didn´t give in and after 76 minutes Danny Schreuder got through the home sides central line of defense, rolling in the levelling goal to make it 1 - 1 Seemingly due to lack of experience, Terrell Gay needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. The referee showed Fockerss Dick Oerlemans the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Kix tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders. Kix held the ball, with a clear 57 percent possession rate.

Kix´s best player was Gregg Miller. Ahmad Yunus bin Husin on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Dawid Nowak. Dario Petronia was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 1.

There was not one event in this match until the 71st minute of the game. I was hoping that there weren't any at all. I suppose I can't be mad at all because our stats were very similar.

It gets frustrating sometimes when I tie, but every time except one I guess I coulda lost as well. And it's much better than losing. Next week I get to play the Gargs. Who knows what's gonna happen with this kat b/c he just MOTS'd so that'll be good for me. I suppose I need to win one or at least tie the Gargs twice to be in decent shape.

I don't wanna hafta start selling B players to make sure I stay in iv. This sucks. SPC is clearly not the 7th place team ratings wise.. yet he gets screwed every game. It's crazy.

A second half run could easily get anyone second in the division. Lets hope for one of those.