Old 09-01-2003, 01:18 AM   #40
lytic
College Benchwarmer

Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 2 - 0

Date: 9/1/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 8326879
Arena: The Concrete Jungle
Crowd: 20210

20210 spectators arrived at The Concrete Jungle, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Gargoyles tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Kullenhult - Dehlbratt, Di Palma, Langeland - Mccormick, Öbratt, Slyngen, Michelsson, Ekmo - Manee, Pascoal.

SouthPark had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Black - Marcusson, Wilhelm, Davis - Millard, Crain, Dragóner, Danhof, Guy - Gustavsson, Orkola.

Gargoyles took the lead in the 19:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Phakphoom Manee elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. Gargoyles put themselves up 2 - 0 when Hélder Pascoal broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. The referee showed SouthParks Reuben Wilhelm the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Gargoyles, bringing the final ball possession rate to 64 percent, dominated the battle.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Gargoyles´s Vicente Di Palma got himself booked. The home side´s Hélder Pascoal came close to extending the lead in the 76:th minute. His shot came in off the right hand side but Palmer Black managed saving with a fingernail. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 68 percent possession rate.

Gargoyles´s best player was Bengt Dehlbratt. Keith Mccormick on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating SouthPark player was without a doubt Peter Marcusson. Tory Guy was a disappointment, however. The match ends 2 - 0.

Team Attitude: Play it Cool

Gargoyles
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: brilliant
Right Side Defence: brilliant
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: excellent

SouthPark Cows
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: passable
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Side Defence: outstanding
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: outstanding
Left Side Attack: formidable

Geez, I hope he didn't waste a MOTS on me... This should have been a 0-0 tie honestly, but come on, I never can pull anything out from the gargs.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote