View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 10:42 PM   #54
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Off-Season Procedures

Hans Brewton, despite missing the end of the season, was good enough to be named to the Ivy League 2nd team.

Our recruiting class was ranked #152. Kansas had the top class this season.

I was offered a few job, one being James Madison, but I declined them all, of course.

Our new head recruited left us for a job at Texas Tech. Cannot really blame him. He did a nice job for us though.

Jason Floyd is our new recruiter. He is only 25 years old and this is his first job, but he is rated 40 in recruiting. We should be fine with him.

We have 11 openings on our schedule, 7 which can be home games. I am goignt o schedule pretty soft, outside of a couple big names.

At the end of May we have scheduled the following teams: Liberty, Holy Cross, Sacred Heart, Columbia, and Syracuse.

As June comes to an end, we also schedule: Army, Navy, New Hampshire, and Rider.

Recruiting begins in July as well and we have 5 spots to fill. This is going to be a tough recruiting year.

We wrap up our OOC schedule in August with Colorado and IPFW.

November 1st finally arrives and we get ready for training camp. We also get an early commitment to Colgate, as well as one going elsewhere.

PF John Eveland from Massapequa, NY will attend St. Joe’s.

PG Tory Davis from Topton, PA has committed to Colgate. Tory is a 3 star recruit. His strengths are passing, 3 point shooting and perimiter defense. Should be a perfect PG for us.

Here is a look at our 2006-2007 roster as we get ready for our opening game.

CENTERS

50 Garrett Welch C Sr 6'11" 264 Keyser, WV

Garrett has worked on his shot and his defense, and should be a useful player for us, and I decide to give him the starting nod over the freshman this year.

34 Sammy Hynes C Sr 6'10" 242 Malverne, NY

A walkon who should not see the floor.

12 Carl Jones C Fr 6' 9" 249 New Castle, DE

A true freshman. He will not score a lot for us, but we will need him to grab boards and play D. I am not expecting a miracle this year, but just some consistency and improvement as the year goes along.

POWER FORWARDS

35 James Hale PF Sr 6' 7" 240 Walpole, MA

A good rebounded and that is it. Not going to see the floor too much.

33 George Jackson PF So 6'11" 236 Bemidji, MN

A terrific shot blocker and cleans the defensive boards. Not sure how much he will get into the game though.

SMALL FORWARDS

20 Tony Brown SF Sr 6' 9" 242 Fairport, NY

Tony will start at PF for us. He can score a little, and plays decent defense. Not really strong on the boards, but he is our best choice here.

SHOOTING GUARDS

2 Warren Pond SG Sr 6' 5" 230 New York, NY

Warren could lead the league in steals if he played regularly, but he won’t. Still, he should be a decent backup given about 10 minutes a game.

51 Dennis Aultman SG Sr 6' 8" 224 New York, NY

A useless walkon

0 Hans Brewton SG Jr 6' 5" 219 Oriskany, NY

Hans is the man, and keeps getting better every year. He will start at the SF spot for us.

11 Emmett Williamson SG Fr 6' 4" 182 Weston, CT

Emmett is a freshman with some incredible offensive potential. He will need to improve on defense to earn PT.

POINT GUARDS

4 Jeramy Perez PG Sr 6' 2" 205 Willimantic, CT

We are looking for a huge senior season for Perez. He is our SG.

14 Joseph Tiller PG Sr 6' 3" 212 Corbin, KY

An awesome shoot, and decent defender. He will see increased PT this year, his last.

5 Sydney Greenwood PG Sr 6' 2" 207 Allentown, PA

Sydney has not developed into the player we hoped he would be, and in fact has been passed by others.

53 Thomas Hogan PG Jr 6' 1" 183 Vienna, MO

Hogan will again be demoted to the bench after taking the starting PG job midway through last year. I like him, but it just seems to me like Hatch is the better option. He may take over again this year, we shall see.

24 Jack Hatch PG Jr 6' 3" 188 Collinsville, CT

Hatch looks like he could really be the man. He will get the chance again this year.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote