View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 08:26 PM   #41
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

2005-2006 Season, Preseason Procedures

Lots of excitement around Colgate.

We have moved to a more prestigious conference. We are now a part of the IVY LEAGUE!

The dean has also approved an upgrade to our training facilities!

Our recruiting class was the #248th ranked, but we only had 1 recruit. Florida had the top class.

Our team prestige has moved up to 31 after last season.

The AD is just delighted with my performance, and we have more money to spend on coaches and recruiting this year. About 50 K more.

Head Coaching Round:

James Madison University, another Ivy League team has offered me their Head Coaching position, but I politely decline.

In round 2, Brown (Ivy) and Loyola Chicago (Southern) offer me jobs, I also decline.

In round 3, Portland (West Coast) and Tennessee Martin (Ohio Valley) offer me. I refuse.

Round 4, Arkansas Little Rock, BU, Fairfield and Montana State are all turned down. Montana has a 47 prestige, so that would be a nice jump up.

Round 5, Alabama State and Idaho State are turned down.

Assistant Coach Rounds:

We fire our recruiting Coach and want to really improve in that area.

We hire Albert Russell for our now vacant head recruiter. He is rated as a 45 and is 45 years old. He previously coached Long Beach (which he quit to persue a high position) and he was recently fired from UNLV.

Scheduling

We have 10 games to fill, up to 7 can be home dates.

As June rolls around, we have scheduled games with Binghampton, East Carolina, Buffalo and a grudge match game against American.

As July hits, we have added games with Liberty, Texas Southern, Seton Hall, Savannah State, Youngston State and Vermont.

That completes our OOC schedule.

The Recruiting pool is also released in July and we have 2 spots to fill. We will look to the post positions.

November finally arrives and training camps will open soon.

We get some bad news, as a recruit from Australia that we recruited heavily has decided to attend Southern Illinois.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote