View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 02:16 AM   #451
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Also, M and Jay's stay busy as the M's trade Morrow to Toronto for League and a prospect.

Seems like a very odd move for Seattle.
I've learned to trust Zdurenciek, so I have to assume the prospect is pretty good.

From a 2010 performance standpoint, there might not be a big difference between Morrow and League - League has the toolset to be a really good reliever with his high groundball rate and high swinging strike rate. Morrow has yet to prove he can be a consistently good SP. But RP's are volatile, and even though League has the FIP to have great results, you're still talking about limited innings (relatively speaking) where bad luck can really skew the numbers.

I'm sad to see Morrow shipped off, as it means the M's didn't get the stud SP out of him they hoped for when he was drafted. But intellectually, I've been prepared for a while now of the likelihood that he'd be dealt, as he's more likely to lose value moving forward than gain it.

Seems unlikely the prospect is Wallace given how hard Toronto worked to get him back, but he's a guy that would make a lot of sense for the M's as he'd slide in as our 1B.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote