View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #354
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny View Post
Also looks like Roy Halladay to Philly and Cliff Lee to Seattle is a done deal. No details yet, but I love getting Halladay the hell out of the American League East.

I think I'm going to pick Seattle to win the West this year. I really like what they've done so far. Really good stuff.

Seattle has done some very good things, yes.

Don't count the Angels out, though, just yet.They still have a much better offense than the M's (M's gain Figgy, but they lost Beltre and weren't a strong offense in the first place; the Angels had the best offense in baseball outside of the Yanks) and could still add Bay, and while no one starter for the Angels is as good as King Felix or Lee, they have a foursome that is better than almost all other fours in baseball in Weaver, Saunders, Santana and Kazmir. And you just know they'll do something with that 5th starter spot (probably trade for Derek Lowe, but I am hoping for something more exciting).

Plus, everyone likes to pick the "flavors of the week" in the West and then watch as the Angels again end up on top.

Regardless, I would bet if another team does win the division, they're going to have to win it (can't back into it), because the Angels aren't going anywhere.

It will be interesting to see how the Angels react to today.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote