View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
Subby
lolzcat

Day Six, Week 2, 96 Days to Go

My weight normalized a little - back up to 194.6 despite running a race yesterday and registering a calorie deficit of approximately 1500 calories. Not a big deal - I am making big changes in my diet and activity and my body is just trying to find it's way.

This morning kicked off week 2 of my training program. I could have done it on the treadmill, but I want to toughen myself up and going out in freezing temperatures at 5:45am will help. There was a lot of black ice, but I only came close to falling once. My program called for a recovery run of 3 miles and with warmup I estimated about 3.5. According to the fantastic mapping site g-maps pedometer it looks like my estimate was close - the route was 3.7 miles.

When I got home I did my first weight lifting session. Nothing crazy - just bench press, overhead press and curls. I am VERY weak from my waist up and I think getting a stronger upper body will help my late race endurance.

My eating is still on track. I had an egg and a glass of 1% milk this morning. The protein helps repair worn muscles, particularly after running a race yesterday. And I actually feel pretty decent today - was a little sore when I woke up, but my recovery run took care of it.

The Daily Ticker:

Days: 6
Weight Lost: 9.5
Miles Run: 29.5
Cardio/Weight Sessions: 2
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote