View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #481
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I guess the issue I'd see is it's Game 7 in the playoffs, who do you have on the floor in the 4th quarter?

Unless they are in a playoff game against the Warriors Id have Billups out there. Exciting may be look wonderful in the regular season but when it comes down to the 4th quarter of a playoff game you want the 90 percent FT shooter and the guy that can run an offense without turnovers in the game.

Not to mention the fact that most good teams are going to be able to exploit Lawson as a defender.

Carmello has been known to drift at times as well so its nice to have a PG in the game that will keep that from happening.

Lawson plays well with JR Smith in the up tempo game which makes their bench so strong. I dont think you want JR Smith and his bonehead plays in the game late either unless you are down 6-10 points and trying to catch up.

Billups may have a poor shooting percentage but is still a productive scorer because he is so good at drawing fouls. This year he is averaging around 8-9 FT attempts per game.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-12-2009 at 01:33 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote