View Single Post
Old 08-29-2003, 08:09 AM   #32
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

20.05: Training, Youth Pull, Conditions, Week In Review

Training
This is our second week in a row with good news (mostly). First, the happiness: 18yo youth-pull-turned-UberTrainee(TM) Thomas Little bumped as I figured he would soon. Now he's solid playmaking and solid passing. Unfortunately, no bids on Daniel Storm, who is currently on the market. We really could use that extra space so Wellens didn't have to keep playing wing. Also, one of our starting middies bumped: 23yo Carlos Alberto Bentio bumped to excellent playmaking to go along with his excellent stamina and solid passing. Short of worsening his form slump *knock on wood*, he's not losing his job any time soon.

Future Training
Unfortunately, our low form prevents us from some stamina traning (that would help Storm's transfer value a lot). So, continued playmaking training. With Benito bumping, Connors is 3-4 weeks behind. Tryggvesson is expected to bump soon, as well. No guss on Wellens, but as long as he keeps having to play winger, he won't gain that much. I need to get Storm out of here.

Form
Starters: (+3) (-3)
Entire Team: (+5) (-6)

Starters Form
Solid (or above): Meek (exc) Miguel Kimber Spagnuolo Bush
Passable: Viseslav Connors Phelan
Inadequate: Benito Christiano
Weak (or below): Starks (poor)

Mick Starks is in the middle of the worst form slump of his career as he drops again, this time to poor. Cristiano drops to inadequate, joining Benito. Everyone else in the starting lineup is passable or higher with Meek's excellent taking the top form this week. For the second team, Storm bumps two levels to inadequate so hopefully that will help speed along his transfer to a new suitor. Third striker Juan Miguel Tizon is down to poor this week, but it really is a moot point as he was bumped down to fourth striker after the purchase of Gaultiero Spagnuolo. Lastly, the man we were hoping to play center defender for us this season is still mired in his form slump: Clement Schrader remains at wretched form.

Value
Starters: (+6) (-4)
Entire Team: (+10) (-8)

Value Highlights
Above $100K: 8(+1)/12(+3)
Above $200K: 6(+1)/7(+1)
Above $300K: 2(+0)/2(+0)
Team Leader: Tim Kimber ($509K)
Outfield Leader: Carlos Alberto Benito ($323K)
Milestones: Robert Tryggvesson ($100K)

Three additions to the $100K club. First, we bring in Spagnuolo and his $242K, then UberTrainee(TM) Tryggvesson edges over the $100K mark and finally we get a youth pull worth good money (see below). In his current slump, Mick Starks has shed over $100K in value.

Team Stats
Total Wages: 31694 (+1300)
Total Value: 3105000 (+301000)
Avg Value: 155250 (+15050)
Avg Age: 23 (+1)
Avg Form: inadequate (NC)
Avg Experience: wretched (NC)
No of players: 20 (NC)
Nationalities: 11 (NC)
NOTE: We broke through the $3M worth barrier and shattered the $150K per player mark

Youth Pull, Week 20.05
I waited until gametime Sunday to make my youth pull this week and was happily rewarded. I think I'm sticking with that superstition from now on (or at least until I get tired of it). If we were training defenders, John Hanna would fit in great. As the case is, I'm not and don't really need a defender at the moment. I'm hoping to get $300K+ for him (he's an 18yo solid defender/solid passer with high value) but I've put him up for $250 and don't think I'll have any trouble selling him.

Youth Pull Status
Youth Pulls: 33
Youth Pull Grocers: 23 (+0)
Youth Pulls Sold: 8 (+0)
Youth Pulls Still With Club: 2 (+1)
Total Sold for: 684000 (+0)

Youth Pull
John Hanna (15724779)
18 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and upright.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.
Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 192 000 US$
Wage: 1 480 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: solid
Winger: poor Defending: solid
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: passable

Conditions

Youth Squad: excellent (max)
Investment in the Youth squad: 20 000 US$ / week (NC)

Sponsors: dancing in the streets (NC)
Supporter Club: 1349 members (+24)
Supporters: high on life (up one level from delirious)

Team Spirit: calm (NC)
Confidence: wonderful (up two levels from decent)

A win gets our confidence back. Our sponsors and supporters were already tickled pink even with our three game losing streak. At least we broke that. Although, there might be another looming in a couple of weeks.

20.05 Week In Review

On the Field
Timber got back on the winning side of things, shutting out likely relegee Team Groomers at the 'drome. Miguel and Connors scored for the Hippos. If we win a couple more games, we're guaranteed a qualification game at least. If we want to pretend, for the week we are sitting in 4th place, in the money. I'm pretty sure we won't end there but it's nice to see for now. In our friendly, we faced CW's Galesburg Avengers and pitted our 2-5-3 against his 3-4-3 in a run-and-shoot extravaganza. We took a quick 2-0 lead but Coach Braden foolishly pulled back and we blew a 3-0 lead, losing 4-3. As a result, we will be sporting some odd colored kits next game (stay tuned for screenshots).

Off the Field
Unfortunately, Storm has yet to sell even after bumping to excellent last week. However, with some of the cash from our recent sales, we brought in 23yo solid/solid striker Gualtiero Spagnuolo. Putting him opposite Phelan will hopefully result in a formidable central attack. On his previous team, he put up good ratings even with a 1.5 star striker opposite him. Finally, to start the new week, we got an excellent youth pull in John Hanna. He is currently on the transfer wire.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote