View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #475
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Not even when they traded for AI?

No, not even then. Hell, I was OK with the AI trade. They needed to do something at the time.

Last night just topped the cake.

On one hand you have a guy who is 6-15, struggling from the floor and you know there will be no foul call on a drive.

On the other, you have a guy who is 16-28 from the floor, has 40 points and the Pistons haven't had an answer for him all night.

So you intentionally set up an inbounds play to the 6-15 guy, leave the 40 point guy on the wing two feet beyond the three point line and run an ISO.

Gee, Detroit didn't leave the 40 point guy open, I'm shocked. And the guy shooting under 40% for the year couldn't hit the shot.

That play MUST be run through Carmelo Anthony. I'm not saying he has to take the shot. He doesn't. Detroit probably comes with a hard double right away. Two passes and someone gets an open shot to tie or win the game. Instead, Melo isn't even a decoy. He's not cutting through the lane, tying up defenders. . . no, he's out by the three point land.

That was one of the single worst play calls I've seen in recent memory for any team. I'm still angry about it this morning. How can you even THINK that's the right call? Unbelievable GK, just unbelievable.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote