View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #472
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
That's nice. They've missed two starters. I understand that. Yet how does everyone fit when those starters come back? They look like a square peg, round hole type of team. NBA teams are puzzles. Doesn't mean every team has to be built the same way, but there has to be some sort of a plan there.

Two teams who made some free agent noise are having problems now. A big reason is because they didn't try to build a puzzle, they tried to create assets. Detroit is one of those teams.

Donīt see it that way really. How can you proclaim they are having problems and base it on the Free Agent signing when they havenīt been able to play with their full roster at all yet and thus thereīs no way of knowing hot Villanueva/Gordon impact that team as a whole ?

IMO they can be a good team allready this season and easily reach the playoffs. Both Gordon and Villanueva could then come off the bench giving the Pistons a lot of options and imo a good mixture of defensive minded player, offensive weapons and hustle players, also a good mixture of young, proven and veteran players.

Iīm not even a Detroit Fan or anything, thatīs just how i see it as a neutral.

Fast becoming a huge fan of Jerebko though (even more than my normal "heīs a euro" fandom ), would have never assumed that heīd adjust that fast.
Had a weaker game last night despite ok raw numbers of 12/8. The Pistons still won behind Stuckey and Villanueva. Daye looked solid out there despite low numbers and Ben Wallace was pretty good on the boards and defensively.

btw :

Kings-Wizards game to feature 'Dollar Beer Night' at ARCO - Ball Don't Lie - NBA Blog - Yahoo! Sports

and another thing only semi-related to the NBA per se, Improv everywhere (check them out, especially awesome was frozen grand central : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo ) does a "lost fan" prank at MSG and gets a bunch of people to play along without knowing :

Where’s Rob? Ŧ Improv Everywhere

hilarious
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote