View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #328
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Seriously. I thought they put that behind them after the Alomar/Vaughn/Burnitz disaster, but apparently not. I used to be a supporter of Minaya, but this team is such a mess, somebody needs to be held responsible. I saw on espn that they are in the mix for Bay. I know they need an OF and a power bat, but if they sign him I feel like it will just set them back even further.

That's funny because at Royals Review, there's a school of thought that Dayton Moore and Omar Minaya are racing to see who can make worse moves: " I think Omar may have already checkmated Dayton on free-agent C acquisition if the 2/$12M offer to Benjie is true."

Then again, yesterday, the conclusion was reached that "GMDM’s entire personnel acquisition philosophy does seem to be based on spite."

"This must be Dayton’s “You guys didn’t like Olivo, I’ll show YOU!” statement. When you’d rather hear your team linked to Rod Barajas than some other player, it’s truly a brutal offseason."

“You guys didn’t like Joey Gathright. I’ll show YOU: Josh Anderson!”
“You guys didn’t like Ross Gload. I’ll show YOU: Mike Jacobs!”
“You guys didn’t like Brett Tomko. I’ll show YOU: Sidney Ponson!”

And, of course:
“You guys didn’t like Angel Berroa. I’ll show YOU: Tony Pena Jr!”
“You guys didn’t like Tony Pena Jr. I’ll show YOU: Yuniesky Betancourt!”

But, really, what is up with this bizarre game of "Crappy, Old C Musical Chairs". You've got Ivan Rodriguez, Jason Kendall, Benji Molina, Rod Barajas, Miguel Olivo, and Yorvit Torrelba for the Rockies, Nats, Mets, Royals, Giants, and Blue Jays and maybe there's another C or two or another team or two I'm missing. And they're all getting 2 year deals!?!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote