View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #262
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
meaning what (and i ask that honestly)??

a backup-solution is fine, but if you as much as raise a white flag before the season starts and say "this is a bridge year...don't expect anything" then i dunno how you get fans excited. at least speaking for me personally i have enough else competing for my attention that if the team isn't going to be competitive and have the potential to go deep into the postseason then i would rather spend my time doing other things.

And if that somehow makes me a "fair weather fan" in somebody's eyes (not saying you Ronnie), then fuck you very much. I don't ask them to win the World Series every year or anything, just try. Just put in the effort. If they don't want to do that, then I don't think it's a horrible thing for me to say "I have other more rewarding ways to spend my time." It's a transaction - they try to win and I reward them with my $$ or my eyeballs. If they as an organization don't put forth a level of effort that I feel is commensurate with their stature and their financial weight, then I don't feel an obligation to pour my time down the figurative drain (162 games x 4 hours a game = a shitload of time).

Agreed. I am surprised they would tip their hand to the Yanks especially by letting them know help yourself we are ona diet at the serving line?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote