View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #254
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
you'd rather holiday than bay?

i guess i haven't dug in and done enough research to know (to my shame), but is holiday an upgrade over bay, or just a bigger "name?". fine...5 minutes of research shows me that they're basically identical players offensively. give me whoever will come cheaper please.

I'd also like to see Gonzalez, but i don't think he's moving. price for Halladay is also too rich for me...concentrate on what you've got and a reclamation-project or three for short money (Ben Sheets?).

Having seen Holiday play a bunch on TV and about 15 games at the stadium in Denver Holiday is a great player and really all said and done would be a upgrade over Bay. I think we saw the best we could see from Bay who was playing for a contract. Holiday we saw the worst in Oakland a notorious hitters park. I think he would do well in Fenway and is a better fielder. But, it sounds like Epstein may just sit tight and not sign any of these guys but instead bring back Coco crisp to platoon with Jeremy Heredia. Sox fans should brace for 2006 all over again.
http://www.boston.com/sports/columni...said_that.html

Last edited by Galaril : 12-09-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote