View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #163
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If only any of us thought of this when the deal was announced!
Given how retarded Elias' ranking system is (Mike Gonzalez more valuable than John Lackey? Thanks!) that's why the PTBNL should have been dependent on his performance or eventual Type A/B/none status.

That would of course assume the Mets/Minaya would have offered arbitration, and indications were they weren't due to the financial downside if he accepted. If you assume that, the Mets did well enough getting something in return, and the Red Sox continue to use their financial muscle and willingness to spend to pick up potentially valuable pieces (see also Jeremy Hermida).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Does Wagner really have much left after his injury? Sure, he had a pretty ERA but it was in 15 IP. How were his velocity and movement?
His velocity and movement appeared to be all the way back. No idea if he'll hold up over a whole season, but he was blowing the ball past hitters, not getting lucky out there in his minimal time with Boston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Not gonna lie, I have no freakin clue what the hell those stats are. Guess it's a good thing I'm not really a "stats" kind of guy.
No commentary, I just love that people on a text sim message board in 2009 still post in a stats discussion to point out their ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
refresh my memory-

Sandwich picks have to be signed, or you don't get another pick. That's correct?

What about if you get a pick from someone else for them signing your type A? Does that one also have to be used or lost?
When you get a Type A from another team it is treated as a regular pick and you will receive the one after next year it if you fail to sign the player. It's only when you're on that second year pick (pick 20a instead of 20) that you have to sign the player.

I don't think sandwich picks are any different, but I'll try to get confirmation.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 12-03-2009 at 09:50 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote