View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #45
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
You know, I just can't seem to ride the post-rock wave. I've tried, but...I can't do it. It just doesn't work for me. I appreciate the work GYBE does and believe the hoopla is well founded, but...it just doesn't do it for me, so I've tended to avoid it by and large.>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
>>
I love the Notwist. The Devil You + Me is a glaring omission from my list.
>>
>>
>>
Yeah well, one can´t like everything I certainly can´t listen to everything either in that field, but really love the more melody-driven bands (even though Godspeed is right on the edge with some songs) like Explosions In The Sky. That band in particular I could listen to for days … Driving the Icefield Parkway with EITS (and Sigur Ros btw) coming out of the speakers, doesn´t get any better ... J>>
There´s a lot of great instrumental stuff out there, not just Post Rock per se. Have you ever listened to Olafur Arnalds out of lace w:st="on">Icelandlace> ? Unbelievably beautiful melodies, just wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6u5D-5LWSg
kind of a mix between Indie, classical music (which he is studying) and electronical elements
>>
Have you listened to “Neon Golden” by the Notwist? Even better (albeit different) than Devil imo and deservedly high praised.

whomario is offline   Reply With Quote