View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #174
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

When the observatory clock strikes twelve, you are poised and ready to enter the portal. You follow a dry stone passageway until you arrive at an iron door. It opens with a grating squeal and a gust of damp, earthy air, mixed with a strange sweetness, billows out. Before you, a narrow stone stairway twists away into the darkness. You are forced to tread carefully on the green and slippery steps. At the bottom of the stairs a rough-hewn tunnel disappears to the west. You press on and eventually arrive at another iron door. Gwynian has kept his word, for beyond the door awaits a fine liver chestnut mare, saddled and ready to ride.

You are in a small copse close to a highway junction. In the light of the moon you can see a signpost that indicates two destinations--Amory and Soren. Consult the map before deciding which way to go.

I have someone waiting for me in Soren, so that just makes sense. Let’s go that way. The night passes without sleep and I arrive at a small village. There is a bronze statue in front of a blacksmith’s shop so I decide to stop and take a look. It’s a local hero I can sacrifice to, but I choose not to. I have my god, Kai. I eat a meal.

Just before noon I approach a deserted village with a few bodies and ruins. I find a man in the graveyard wounded and crying for help. I can use Curing, go help him, or ignore him. I choose to help. These things are usually traps but you never know. The wounded man straightens himself and draws a rusty scimitar. A group of men pop out from the shadows and they all attack me at once:

Grave Robbers CS 17, EP 23

I can only evade in the first round, so I fight. I roll a 5. 14 to them, 1 to me. I roll a 6. 16 to them and 1 to me. They die and I took two.

I inspect their corpses and find 27 gold, a bottle of wine and a mirror. I top off my pouch and for fun toss both in my backpack since I have the space. I now have a full BP (one meal, Alether, rope, 3 Laumspur, bottle, mirror)

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote