View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #172
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Suddenly, his words are cut short by the beating of fists against the observatory door: your horse has been discovered.

'Give him to us!' shouts a chorus of angry voices.

'Quickly, we must leave,' says Gwynian, and he ushers you into a smaller room. A hidden catch is pulled, and a secret panel opens to reveal a passage. As you follow the sage and his companions into the darkness, you hear the door to the observatory splinter and break.

The passage leads to a vaulted cellar, as cold and as silent as a tomb. Gwynian talks with his brothers who then hurry off towards a distant portal. As they disappear into the dark, he returns to your side, his face sombre but composed.

'The Lorestone of Varetta is hidden in the crypt of the cathedral of Tekaro. This key will unlock the tomb in which it lies.' He produces a Silver Key from his sleeve and gives it to you.

'My brothers will provide a swift horse for your journey. When the observatory clock strikes midnight, enter the portal and follow the passage to the end. It passes beneath the city wall, and your horse will be waiting where the passage comes to the surface. You are welcome to take any items you require from this cellar that may be of use to you on your quest. May the gods protect you, Lone Wolf.' You nod your thanks and watch as Gwynian disappears into the portal.

The cellar is well stocked with provisions and you find the following items that could be of use on your journey to Tekaro:

Quarterstaff
Enough food for 3 Meals
Mace
Brass Whistle
Rope
Short Sword

Together with the Silver Key that Gwynian gave you (mark this as a Special Item that you keep in your pocket), you collect together all the items you wish to keep and settle down for the long wait till midnight.

(I grab some meals - 2 in fact. I take the Brass Whistle, just in case I need it in this adventure (I can’t recall).

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote