View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:45 PM   #458
bhlloy
Coordinator

Ducks are pathetic. While a 3-2 loss to the best team in the league doesn't look too bad on paper, this team has absolutely no chemistry and really doesn't appear to be trying very hard either. Even guys that have played with other before (the top line, Whitney/Wiz pairing) just look completely lost out there. Basic breakdowns all over the ice including the winning goal, Heatley (I think?) skating through the middle, both defensemen and the center converge on him, pass to Thornton, walks in on net, goal. I hate to say it as he's a legend but I think the players might have quit on Carlyle. Even Niedermayer is making basic mental errors and isn't all over the ice like he always has been.

Not sure we ever should have expected anything different, don't know how we ever thought we were going to replace Pronger and Beauchemain with the likes of Eminger and Boynton and that has to fall on the front office. Really bad not to resign Beauch considering we could have fit him under the cap for what Toronto paid. I loved the Koivu signing at the time but realistically, we needed a top 4 defenseman more than a second line center, and Koivu now looks like he doesn't have much left.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote