View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #381
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Sheeeeed ! 7-45 from 3 in the last 8 games... Boston really needs a playmaker of that bench, no one there can really give them a boost on his own.

The Blazers played the dumbest game of basketball i´ve seen this season. There was no excuse to loose this game. Oden dominated in the first quarter and punished the Warriors for their small lineup (threw moore and Randolph around like rag dolls at times, on one of his dunks he ha Randolph on his back ending up a good 4 feet away lying on the floor ...) then doesn´t play the Rest of the half with ZERO Fouls and of course the Warriors then run, run, run... Then you bring him back cold when the warriors have gotten comfortable driving the ball ...
Nate McMillan is a serious problem, period.

I hate how Boston matches up with Orlando. I look at the Celtics strengths like this:

Unbelievable interior defense
Terrific size at most positions, allowing them to take a lot of wide open 15 footers
Rondo penetration

Then look at Orlando. They don't give a damn about the size, because they are long and athletic as well. Plus they take KG out by the three point line most of the time. They don't care about interior defense, because they know they can shoot 38% from three land and know they can keep pace anyway.

They also have size, which really limits the amount of open shots the Celtics can usually get for themselves. I watched Garnett take a turn around 21 footer last night, how many teams does he have to do that against? As for the Rondo penetration, Orlando is long and athletic and can challenge anything he brings up.

Don't get me wrong, Orlando still has problems. But every single time I see them play the Celtics I come away thinking they can take them in a 7 game series, Garnett or no Garnett.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote