Thread: The Blind Side
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #21
NewIdentity
High School JV

This is like putting a positive spin on dog fighting. I have not read the book, nor do Iplan to see the movie, but I did play college football with a lot of these players who were recruited/sold by their parents out of Junior High and Grade school to these white upper class religious schools and they all have horror stories to tell about either themselves or friends they grew up with.

Basically these kids are sold into slavery by their parents to the upper class High schools and then live in terror of getting kicked out of their new homes, because they lose their starting positions, or worse yet get hurt.

Really sad and dark side for America's parents, both for the buyers and sellers of these children. Did this side of these stories make it into the Book? I think Spike Lee did a documentary about some of these kids once.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 11-21-2009 at 08:39 AM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote