View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #359
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What? Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't he aces in the season and playoffs that they made the finals?

he has allways been great in the playoffs and has by far more outstanding games than bad games in big games. Heīs averaging 25.5/11.6 (5th and 6th among current players, 12th and 24th all time respectively btw) for his career in the playoffs.
He averaged 25/10 in the playoffs in 6 of his 9 seasons and his worst playoffs is that 20/11 line against the warriors.
He is 8th all time in terms of PER, is 5th among active players in terms of win share in the POs.

But thatīs what selective memory will do to you. One bad series against the Heat (where he still had 23/11 with an ok TS% despite bad shooting from the field) with one distinctly unclutch moment followed by a bad first round series (where he still had 20/11 !!) a year later where they were terribly prepared to play an unorthodox warriors team and suddenly heīs a soft and unclutch guy ...

people donīt grasp that a great player can win games but a great player can also play great and still loose at times. Itīs 5 on 5 (+ reserves) ...
I mean, look at this past season. He put up 35/12 against the Nuggets (who defended him well !) with good passing and they still lost. Because the Nuggets were the more talented team. Because he had to play and attack for 48 minutes and got tired in the end. Which isnīt his fault. Credit the Nuggets.

call me a homer, iīm fine with that

Last edited by whomario : 11-19-2009 at 10:52 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote