View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #431
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
If I had my wish there would be 5 minutes of 4 on 4 and if it was still tied after that, do another 5 minutes of 3 on 3. Still tied? Then do the shootout.

I could live with that, but the idea of playing until someone wins in the regular season would just be brutal. It's awesome when it's the playoffs, but it will kill players over the course of an 82 game season.

I remember last year, after the Wings/Ducks game that went into 3 OTs there were a lot of people moaning about long OT games in playoff hockey. They wanted 4 on 4 to start the OT or go to 4 on 4 after the first period of OT. I disagree with that.

As for shoot outs, I have no love for them. I never watch them. Once the OT ends, I switch channels and check back to see who "won". I was at a Wings game last year that went into a shoout out with my brother. We decided to leave the Joe right after the OT for the same reason, no interest in it. It worked out well, we were out of the Joe and out of Detroit in like 10 minutes.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote