View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #427
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
In theory I don't mind the shootout. In practice I've come to loathe it. Carolina went back to the "new and excruciating ways to lose" habit tonight in Montreal as they gave up a goal late in the third, couldn't score on an OT power play that essentially lasted the entire last two minutes of OT, then ruined a splended effort by Manny Legace in the shootout by failing to score on any of their six attempts. Montreal went first, no less, so from the third to the fifth shooters, Canes players had a chance to win and failed to convert each time. Even Jokinen failed, which pretty much meant a loss at that point since nobody else on the team has a chance of scoring in the shootout. It just took another four shooters for both sides before it was official.

I hate the shootout. It just seems really gimmicky to me, like watching an AHL/ECHL game or something. I don't think deciding a game with a series of controlled breakaways is the correct call.

I also hate how both teams get at least one point in OT. They should play until someone wins, no points for the OT loser, no shootouts, and no ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote